The set or the collection of data is called a dataset. In other words, the dataset is the ordered collection of data. The data sets feature in the Projects app of apptivo allows you to create the sets of the project records by providing the criteria. For instance, let’s consider the dataset based on the customers and assign them to an employee which means only that employee could have access to that particular data set.
Configuring Data Sets is a Two-step process
- Assign Data Set to employees
Steps to create a Data Set:
- Log in and access the Projects app from the universal navigation menu bar.
- Click on the More(...) icon and select Settings.
- Go to Settings → Security → Data Sets and click on the Create button.
- The Create Data Set page will be displayed, Here enter:
- Name - Name of the data set.
- Description - Description of the data set.
- Enabled - Slide the toggle ON to enable the data set.
- The Criteria is the space where you can define the condition. Here, the criteria are set as “Customer = Hannah Baker”. This specifies all the projects when the customer is Hannah Baker will be grouped as a set.
- Similarly, you can create multiple data sets.
Steps to Assign Data Sets to Employees:
- Select Data Access Sets which is under the drop-down menu of Security.
- Click on the Add button displayed on the right panel of the Data Access Sets page.
- Click on the Search icon in the Employee Name column.
- From the popup, select the required employee and click on the Select button.
- Now click on the drop-down of Data Access which provides the lists of Data Sets that you have created. Select the Data Set.
- Click on the Tick icon to save.
- Now the data set is assigned to the employee that you’ve chosen for your business needs. Therefore, data access is provided for the specific employee.