Work Orders App in Apptivo allows you to send notifications while making any changes to a Work Order. Rather than tracking each work order manually, you can make use of the update notification feature to get real-time information on the changes made. Since Organisations are made of a number of Employees, this feature is a game-changer for tracking.
Steps to configure update notifications:
- Log in and access the Work Orders App from the universal navigation menu bar.
- Click on the More(...) icon and select Settings from the app header.
- On the settings page, go to Notification → Update Notifications and click on the Create button.
- On the Create Notification page, enter the following details:
- Name: Add a name for the notification.
- Description: Give brief information on the notification.
- From Address: Invoices App offers two types of “From Addresses”.
- Static: You can enter a default email address here.
- Dynamic: You can choose the email address from the list of employees or teams.
- Here, I have chosen a Dynamic email address.
To set up custom notifications, it is mandatory to define three fields:
- The criteria field determines the condition when the notification has to be generated.
- Under the group, you can determine whether the notification is for the “New” or “Old” set of attributes.
- Now. choose an attribute from the Insert Attribute dropdown. If needed, you can add more than one attribute by selecting Add Condition.
- Here, the criteria are set to send a notification when a work order's total amount is greater than 1000.
- Now, the criteria are set.
- You can add a subject and detailed description of the message that is to be conveyed to the recipients In the Message field.
- You can customize your message using the Widgets and Attributes provided by Apptivo.
- In the recipients’ field, you can customize the email recipients. There are two types of Recipient Lists.
- Associated Object: It allows you to choose the recipients from a list of values. You can choose Customer, Contact, Assigned To, Created By, and Modified By as recipient lists and click Create.
- Static List: It allows you to add your recipients.
- Here, I’ve selected the Static list and added my employees as the recipient. Click Create to complete the process.
- Now when a workorder is created with a total amount of more than 1000 USD, the notification mail will be sent to the employees Rose Jensen and Larry Warran as shown below.