This workorder’s access level is an additional layer of security over the access roles provided to the employees. Enabling this setting will restrict access to individual work orders based on whether the current user is assigned to that work order, or whether they manage an employee assigned to that work order. This access level can be set to any one of the following two options:
- All - Allows all employees in your business to access all work orders, as long as they have access to the WorkOrders App.
- Employees - Allows employees to access the work orders assigned to them only. Additionally, if you want certain employees and teams to access the work orders, even though they are not assigned, they can be added under the “Exceptions”.
Note: Those employees added under the Exceptions, should be given the privilege to access the WorkOrders App. Only then they can view the work orders without being assigned.
Steps to Customize Data Level Access
- Log in and access the WorkOrders app from the universal navigation menu bar.
- Click on the More(...) icon and select Settings.
- On the settings page, go to Security → Access Level. This will display the WorkOrders Access Level. Here, you can customize your data access permission.
- Here, you can set the criteria for who can access the WorkOrders App.
- By default, the configuration is set for all. Everyone who has access to the WorkOrders App can view and edit all the records.
Instance: When the access is given to Employees
- If the View access is given as Employees, then the record can be viewed only by the Employee for whom the work order is assigned.
- If the Edit access is given as Employees, then the record can be edited only by the Employee for whom the work order is assigned.
- For Example: Consider a work order assigned to an Employee, Larry Warran.
- Now, when another employee, Rose Jensen who doesn’t have access to that record tries to view it. She would not have access as the Work order is assigned to another Employee.
- In both cases, the Managers of the Employee can also View and Edit the records.
Instance: When Exceptions are added
- Apart from specific employees, you can provide access to other users by enabling the Exception toggle. [May be your Sales Manager or General Manager]
- After enabling, you can add other users by clicking on the "+" icon. It can be either employees or teams.
- For Instance: Rose Jensen is added under Exceptions. When she tries to navigate the work orders App, she will have access to view all the records.
- Along with this, she can also edit the records. Below, the work order is assigned to Larry Warran, but Rose Jensen has access to edit it.