Businesses should need to be thorough with the dates that they’re issuing the invoices information to their customers. There may be some situations where the dates of your invoices might be changed because of their editable nature. To avoid those kinds of situations, we’ve introduced the option Read Only in the master layout which does allow only to read the invoice date.
Steps to configure:
- Log in and access the Invoices App from the universal navigation menu bar.
- Click on the More(...) icon and select Settings from the app header.
- On the settings page, go to Customize App → Master Layout.
- Here, I would like to make the invoice date a non-editable field.
- Click on the Invoices Date attribute, you’ll be redirected to the Inspector tab.
- Scroll down to Default Behaviour, and enable the Default Value toggle.
- Upon enabling the toggle, you could see the two options as Type and Read only.
- Here there are two types of calendars:
- Static - You could modify the date and select any date for the invoice.
- Dynamic - The current date will be taken as the invoice date.
- Here, I’ve selected the dynamic type, Click on the Custom Date to insert the date for the invoice.
- Here I would like to add the Today’s date attribute using the Insert attribute and click on the Create button.
- Enable the Read only toggle as shown below. Click on the Save button to save the changes.
- Now create an invoice, where the configured default date will be reflected as a non-editable value.