Sorting is one of the table management tools. You can organize the data in the table in ascending or descending order by using the Sort Option. If you have text, you may arrange the data alphabetically by clicking the sort button. The sort option is available in the Apptivo master layout. Let's go over the steps on how to set up the sort option.
Steps to configure the Sort option:
- Log in and access the Customers App from the universal navigation menu bar.
- Click on the More(...) icon and select Settings from the app header.
- On the settings page, go to Customize app → Master layout → Customers.
- Drag and drop the Table section which is on the Palette tab.
- Click on the Table Name, you will be redirected to the Inspector tab.
- By using the Inspector tab, you can Name the table and Enable the Sort toggle under the Table Properties.
- Now drag and drop the attributes for the table.
- Here, I would like to create a table of the frequent items bought by the customer.
- Rename the attributes by using the Inspector tab.
- Click on the Save button to save the changes.
- Now, select the existing customer or create a new customer and scroll down to the Sales Information where the records will be shown in the created order.
- There you can see the Sort icon, by clicking on that, you can see the items will change in alphabetical (A → Z) order.
- By Clicking again on the Sort option, you’ll get the records in alphabetical (Z → A) order.