Help Texts are used to help the users/employees to know more about the fields. It contains information like what is the use of this field, and how to interact with it. You could make your own help texts for all the attributes with ease so that it’ll be easier to define the attributes to your employees. This is completely customizable and you edit it whenever you need as per your business preferences.
Here, I would like to add the help text for one of the fields in the Customer Payments app.
Steps to configure Help Text:
- Log in and access the Customer Payments App from the universal navigation menu bar.
- Click on the More(...) icon and select Settings from the App header.
- On the settings page, go to Customize app → Master Layout. The Master Layout page comes into view.
- You can select any standard or custom attribute in the Master Layout. Here, I have selected the Payment Method attribute (field).
- Click on it to view the Inspector tab of the Payment Method field.
- In the Inspector tab, scroll down to the Help Properties section. By default, the toggle is disabled.
- Enable the toggle and add the help text in the Help Message area. Once the changes are made, select Save.
- Consider creating a new customer or opening an existing customer. Near to Payment Method attribute, you can see the help text icon.
- On hovering over it, the help text will come into view.