Organize and store the records of your customers using the Customers App. You could create your own print/web layouts by adding the attributes you would like to include on the print version of the customer record. The Print/web layout is provided by default you could also add new ones as per your business requirements.
Steps to add:
- Log in and access the Customers App from the Universal navigation menu bar.
- Click on the More(...) icon and select Settings.
- On the settings page, go to Customize App → Print/Web Layouts from the left panel.
- Now the Print/web layout page will open, now create a new template or open an existing template. Here I’m using the default layout.
- Click on the view template option, it will navigate you to the layout.
- Drag and drop the One Column section to have a separate section for the Free Text description.
- Now drag & drop the Free description field from the Palette → Common Attribute of the layout.
- Now click on the Free description field, You can view the Inspector tab from the left panel. Slowly scroll down, and you will find the Customize Content click on it.
- Once you select Customize content, it will navigate you to the Customize content template, there you can insert the attributes that you wish to generate through the customer.
- Here the attributes like Business name, Customer name, and Customer category are selected. And also you can add the texts that you need to add to the customer record.
- Now add the other details that you wish to generate through the customer record. Once you complete it, click on the Update button.
- After updating, click on the Save button.
- Now Go to the customers home page, you can use the template in both new and existing customer records.
- Here the existing customer record is opened, click on the print dropdown and select the Default layout as shown below.
- You could see the text field you’ve added on the print pdf as shown below.