A recurring invoice is something that is sent to your customers at regular intervals of time like weekly, monthly, and yearly as per your business requirements. It is quite a handful to send the same invoice every month to the customer. Since Apptivo has integrated with Xero to provide our customers with the best accounting platforms to tally both the records and financial transactions in one central place. Now you could decide when to sync the child invoices with Xero to keep track of your recurring invoices regularly.
Steps to Auto Sync Child Invoices:
- Log in to your Apptivo account and select Business Settings from the User Menu.
- On the Business Settings page, go to Services → Xero and click on the Mapping tab as shown below.
- Now under the Invoices tab, you could see the toggle named “Auto Sync Child Invoice” is enabled by default.
Auto Sync Child Invoice is Enabled:
When the Auto Sync Child Invoice is enabled the child invoices will get automatically synced with Xero as soon as they are created.
- By clicking on the History button, you could see the child invoice for this month (November) has been created as the first child invoice.
- Since the Auto Sync Child Invoice is enabled, the child invoice will get automatically synced with Xero as shown below:
Auto Sync Child Invoice is Disabled:
- When the Auto Sync Child Invoice is disabled the child invoices will get synced with Xero only after updating them.
- Here, I’ve created another recurring invoice. Click on the History button to view the child invoice.
- You could also see the status of the invoice “Xero Sync Status” will be shown blank since the sync does not take place.
- Once you update the child invoice and Save the changes.
- Now the child invoice will get synced with Xero, only after reviewing/updating as per the disabling of Auto Sync Child Invoice.