Bill of Materials is the list of sub-items that could be included in the parent item’s record. By using that you could keep all the associated items in one place. Now you can set the pricing for the parent item and pull the price in other billing apps like the Estimates and Invoices App.
Let’s consider the scenario where I want to set a price list for a parent item and pull the same in the Estimates app. Let’s see how it can be done!
Note: The BOM items should be configurable, in order to fetch the Parent’s item price.
Add item to the price list:
- Log in and access Pricing App from your universal navigation menu bar.
- You can create or choose any of the existing price lists, click on More Details(...).
- Click on the Add button on the overview page, to add the items you require.
- Add any parent item with the BOM items as shown below.
Enable Item Pricing:
- Log in and access Items App from the universal navigation menu bar.
- Click on the More(...) icon and select Settings from the app header.
- On the settings page, go to Items > Items Pricing and enable the “Apply Pricing for Parent item” toggle.
Select the Pricing:
- Go to the Estimates App, and select Settings > Pricing > select “Enable Line level or header level price list”.
Create an Estimate:
- Now create an estimate with a configurable item at the line level.
- Here, when you select the price list of the item, the parent’s item( pricing ) price will be taken into consideration and the same will be automatically fetched as the Total amount as shown below: