Browse by Solutions
Browse by Solutions
Updated on July 21, 2023 03:31AM by Admin
Assignment Rules automatically help users to assign incoming leads to the most appropriate sales representative or team based on predefined criteria.
For instance, say a software company XYZ specializes in providing enterprise solutions have implemented Apptivo CRM to manage their leads and monitor their sales pipelines. XYZ company uses Apptivo's Leads Assignment Rule to efficiently distribute leads and streamline the assignment process. XYZ opted for a round robin assignment method, which assigns leads sequentially among sales team members based on their listing order. This ensures a fair workload distribution and maximizes the chances of converting leads into valuable customers.
Steps to Set the Assignment Rules
- Log in and access the Leads App from the universal navigation menu bar.
- Click on the More(...) icon and select Settings from the app header.
- Under the settings left navigation panel, go to Leads → Assignment Rules.
- Enable the Assignment Rule Toggle and Click on the Create button to create a new assignment rule.
- In the Create Assignment Rule page, add a Name and Description for the assignment rule. To keep the rule active, Enable the toggle.
- The user has to set the Priority Score based on which the rule will be applied when more than one assignment rules satisfies the same criteria while creating a lead.
- Assignment Rule with Highest Priority Score will be considered when two or more assignment rule satisfy the same criteria.
- In the Criteria section, Configure the criteria for the rule to work.
- Assignment Method:
- The user can set any of the two assignment methods, static and round robin.
- If you select the "Static" option, and the set criteria is met, the leads will be automatically assigned to the employee or desired team specified in the rule.
- If the user wants to assign leads based on the lead source, set the criteria as "Lead Source = cold call".
- Set the “Assigned to” Employee and click the create button.
- The created assignment rule will be available during automatic leads assignments. You can use Edit and Delete icons to update the assignment rule.
- In “Round Robin” new assignment method, wherein the assignment of leads are equally distributed among the employees automatically. You can add up to a maximum of 50 employees.
- When the toggle for "Consider Employee Work Shift" is enabled, the system will take into account the Work Shift of the employee. As a result, if an employee is available during that specific time of lead creation, the lead will be automatically assigned to him or her.
- If the employee is not available, then the lead will be automatically assigned to the next available employee from the list.
- The leads will be assigned to employees listed here based on the “Round Robin” Method.
- Say, when creating a new Lead in the leads app, the record will have default assigned to set as “Logged-in User” on the create form (e.g., Adam Smith)
- When the lead is created with the“Lead Source” value as “Cold call”, then “Assigned to” Value is automatically updated as Rachel John as per the Assignment rule configuration.
- Similarly, the next new lead will be automatically assigned to the next available employee from the configured employee list.