Browse by Solutions
Browse by Solutions
July 11, 2013 07:21am by Apptivo FAQ
Answered on June 7, 2017 06:58pm by Maya
Importing data from CSV is a feature that is available in Apptivo Apps such as Contacts, Customers, Opportunities and Leads. This feature allows you to import mass information into the system. Although it takes little effort to learn, each of these applications will work the same. For example, we'll use the Leads App. The same process will apply all other apps. Let's quickly go through the steps.
Steps to Import Leads
- Log in and access Leads App from your universal navigation menu bar.
- Click on "More" icon and select “Import” icon located at the app header bar.
- Click on "New Import" button.
- Click on "Browse" button and select CSV file from your computer and click on "Next".
- Map customer fields to respective CSV fields as shown in the below instance. Make sure to map the custom mandatory fields.
- After mapping the all fields as shown in the below instance, hit the "Import" button to import records.
- You can view warning popup which alerts you for mapping common fields such as territory, segments etc.
- In case of mandatory fields not having values, they are added to exceptions. If error records are added to exceptions, they will be ignored and available for download later.
- If you want to continue, Click on "Add to exceptions and proceed" button or Click on "Back" button, to include mandatory fields.
- There are four validations to do import:
- Mandatory Values - Validates mandatory value association.
- Data Format – Validates data format issues in CSV.
- Duplicates – Validates duplicates in CSV.
- Reference Format – Validates the association of other objects. This will associate existing objects, if there are new objects found in CSV, you are allowed to create new objects.
- Click on "Proceed" button for each step.
- Once the reference data completes, click on “Proceed” button to import records. (If you want to stop the import use abort option)
- After proceeding, the system will display following counts: # of Records - Total count of contact records found in a file(CSV)# of Del Rec - Count of deleted records at time of validating the leads# of Ignored - Count of ignored records which are added to the exceptions at time of mapping
- Now you can view the total number of records, number of deleted records and number of ignored records. Click on "Start Import" button.
- Here we go, the import is done successfully and the log will display the totals of imported records, failed, and etc.
- The completed CSV file will be listed as shown in the image below, from where you will download the records using “Down arrow” icon found next to the columns(Total Records, Ignored Records, Failed Records)
- You can view the number of successful records imported, failed records and ignored records which can be downloaded as a separate CSV file for later import.
Answered on March 24, 2018 02:52pm by Bill Hargin
I assume that you're targeting English speakers with your help system, and would suggest that you hire someone with reasonable-to-excellent English-writing skills to go through all of this. All of the stuff I read here looks like something I would have written when I was 8 or 9 years old. It would be easy for you guys to fix this ...