Browse by Solutions
Browse by Solutions
Updated on February 22, 2018 12:45AM by Admin
Bills of materials (BOM) are the list of raw materials, sub-assemblies which you can add to the item/product. Bills of materials should contain details like item name, quantity, description and unit of measurement.
Steps to Create Items Having Bills of Materials
- Log in and access Items App from your universal navigation menu bar.
- Create a new item or select an existing item. Choose Bill of Materials as Configurable. Once selected and created, the BOM type cannot be changed.
- Click on "Bill of Materials” tab to configure them.
- Click on “Add Class” button to add new classes and specify “Select Existing Item As Class” or “Create New Class”.
- Here we select the option as “Create New Class” then specify:
- Name – Name of an item. It is a required field.
- Description – Description about an item.
- Price – Price of an item.
- Display method – Radio options or Dropdown. (The item will be either listed in the drop-down or as radio option).
- Click on “Create” button to complete.
- You can view the created class as shown in the image below:
- Now, the Classes created(Wallet1 & Wallet2) will be considered as a Child Item associated with the Parent Item(Wallet).
- But it does not allow you to add the parent Item(Wallet) as an association for the child Items. The parent Item will not be displayed for associating with Child Item.
- Click on “Add Choice” icon to add a choice.
- Either select existing item or create a new item.
- You can view the class with choice as shown in the image below:
- You can update class and choice information by clicking on “Edit” icon if needed.
- Now, move to Estimates App, scroll down to "Products/items sold". On clicking on "Search" icon. a side panel opens where you can search for items.
- Now, select the item and you can view the classes and choices of that selected item. Select the required choice and click on Add button.
- After adding you can see the choice being added in "Products/Items sold" section.Now you can fill the remaining details and create a new estimate.
Read more about: