Browse by Solutions
Browse by Solutions
Updated on June 20, 2017 11:28pm by Admin
Duplicate records or data redundancy is a common attribute of any database. Duplicate records are the repetition of information within a database.
How does data redundancy or duplicate records occur
This is a common bane in a database that has a list of clientele or customer data. For instance, if the customer's information is entered each time he calls the business or make separate visits, the data is entered twice and all the attributes are duplicated. However, if you have set privileges to capture the duplicate data it makes things easier.
Apptivo Customers App does prevent entry of duplicate customer records. If you want to implement or utilize that then you will need to configure the settings. Follow the below steps to define the criterion.
To define the criteria for Customers duplicates
- Log in and access Customers App from your universal navigation menu bar.
- Click on “More” icon and select “Settings” located at the app header bar.
- Click on "General -> Duplication Rules" from left navigation panel.
- Enable the toggle to define the criteria.
- Set the option either to prevent duplication automatically or warn and flag the duplication for review.
- Click on "Create" button
- Enter the following details:
- Rule Name: Name of the criterion.
- Set the matching rules in line level.
- Attributes - Select the attribute, here "Name" is selected.
- Fuzzy Logic - The name field may have Partial value.
- Exact Logic - The name must match with exact value.
- Click on "Create" button.
- Here, we have set the criteria as if Name field has the value that is same as existing customer, it will flag for duplication review.
- Now, create a new customer record with the keyword "Alford" in "Name".
- At time of creation, you will view the warning message with existing customer records.
How to Prevent Duplicate automatically?
On the settings area, you will view the option to prevent the duplicate records automatically. This allows you to view the warning message at time of creating a new record, but it will not allow you to ignore & create the new record.