Browse by Solutions
Browse by Solutions
Updated on January 4, 2018 09:59PM by Admin
As you all know, taxes can be created and charged for your products/services in the Orders Line level.
Now consider the scenario where you would want a separate line for the tax amount that you are supposed to pay to the Canadian Revenue Agency. That is, all goods shipped in Canada has to be charged 5% GST on the shipping and handling costs and this needs to be shown separately from the Products/Items purchased tax. In that case, the possible solution would be to have a separate line that would calculate the charge taxes on shipping rate(shipping and handling rate).
Steps to Add Shipping and Handling Tax
- Go to the Orders App.
- Click on “More (...)” -> “Settings” -> “Customize App” -> “Master Layout”.
- Drag and drop the “Function” attribute under the "Summary" section from the “Palette”.
- Click on the field and rename it as “Shipping Tax” from the Inspector Tab.
- Scroll down and click on the “Create Function” button.
- In the Function Editor, click on “Insert Attributes” drop down and select “Function Attributes” -> “Summary” -> “Shipping and Handling”.
- Now, as we have to add 5% GST to the Shipping and Handling amount, enter 0.05 (5%) multiplied with Shipping and Handling (Shipping and Handling * 0.05).
- Click on “Create”.
- The next step is to add this “Shipping Tax” to the “Total” field.
- To do so, click on the “Total” attribute. Scroll down and click on “Edit”.
- You can now view the existing formula for the Total field. To include the Shipping Tax along with it, click on “+” icon and select “Insert Attributes” drop down “Function Attributes” -> “Summary” -> “Shipping Tax”.
- Click on “Update”.
- Finally, click on “Save” button.
- Now, while creating orders, based on the Shipping and Handling amount, the Shipping Tax and Total will be calculated as shown in the image below:
Hence, Apptivo provides you with the Order Processing software where you can manage and track your orders and also can customize your own layouts according to your business requirements.