Browse by Solutions
Browse by Solutions
Updated on October 10, 2018 06:28AM by Admin
Shopify is a complete eCommerce solution that enables you to set up an online store to offer your products. It gives you a chance to sort out your items, customize your storefront, accept credit card payments, track and react to orders — all with a couple of snaps of the mouse.
PieSync integrates Apptivo with Shopify for an automatic 2-way contacts sync. Every time you add or update a contact in Apptivo, it is automatically synced with Shopify and vice versa - eliminating import/export.
We will go through the various steps of what is Piesync and why we are going for PieSync integration for 2 way contact sync.
PieSync Integration Overview
What Is PieSync?
PieSync is a robust tool that enables bi-directional contact synchronization by amplifying integration between several cloud apps. It helps you in getting the foremost of your contacts by syncing and keeping your contact database up to date.
It eliminates the clumsy task of importing and exporting contacts as it directly shares and updates your contact data without any flaw.
PieSync helps you build your business by increasing productivity. It synchronizes contact bases between various cloud apps. Most cloud apps work with import/export functions which means you have to periodically remember to update your cloud apps with new data. With PieSync you no longer have to manually import/export your data. PieSync automatically transfers your data, and any updates you make, in real time, across all your connected cloud apps.
With the help of PieSync, there are 40+ App Connections currently available for Apptivo which can be easily integrated to Sync/Share their data with each other.
Integration with Apptivo
PieSync integrates Apptivo with other apps for an automatic 2-way contacts sync. Every time you add or update a contact in Apptivo, it is automatically synced with the other app and vice versa - eliminating import/export.
PieSync integration syncs all your contacts bidirectionally across your favorite cloud apps, hence you can enter customer data once. This way you’ll dramatically decrease manual errors. Most cloud apps work with import/export functions which means you have to periodically remember to update your cloud apps with new data. With PieSync you no longer have to manually import/export your data. PieSync automatically transfers your data, and any updates you make in real time across all your connected cloud apps.
PieSync Integration Details
This integration of Apptivo with PieSync gives you the superpower to automate your work of syncing contacts effectively on the go. With the introduction of our new integration with PieSync, Apptivo customers now have the ability to do the following:
PieSync, being a two-way contact sync tool, seamlessly integrates with Shopify and effortlessly syncs in unlimited contact records to and from Apptivo and Shopify. Besides the sync process being bi-directional, Apptivo users can also sync it in one-way too (either from Shopify to Apptivo or from Apptivo to Shopify).
If users database consists of any duplicate records it can be easily removed during the sync. Preventing duplicates from re-entering the database is an added advantage which will eliminate a major drawback of repetition.
The base functionality of the integration is the auto-synchronize. Apptivo users are given the privilege of syncing all their updates made to the contact records within seconds. All the updates that are made to a contact are verified and updated accordingly on all your platforms where the contact exists, giving you the full control to stay on top of the most up-to-date info.
Build Your Own Sync Rule
Based on your business requirements, you can customize and configure your own sync rule, specifying how and what attributes of each app should be synced.
Track Sync Status
This integration lets you track the transaction progress in real time, displaying the date wise sync operations and frequency curve in the analytic dashboard.
Configuring a Two Way Contact sync
Two Way Shopify Contact Sync
To initiate a two-way contact sync between Apptivo and Shopify, you need a PieSync account. After signing up with a PieSync account you can follow the beneath step by step guide to sync your Apptivo and Shopify account via PieSync.
1.Log into your PieSync Account.
2. Just click on “Connection” from the left navigation panel. It will redirect you to the dashboard where you will find different apps to sync your data too.
3. Let’s start off your syncing process for which you have to do the following steps:
- Choose Your Apps
- Authorize Your Apps
- Configure Your Sync
Choose Your Apps
This dashboard contains a lot of cloud apps which you can connect for your contact sync. Just select on any two of the services you would like to initiate the connection.
For Instance: If you would like to perform the two-way contact sync between “Apptivo” and “Shopify”.
Please follow the below guidelines to go ahead forward.
1. Just tap on “Apptivo” from the list of apps or search from the “Search box”.
2. Next step is you have to select the “Shopify”, choose the app once it exposed.
3. Thus by choosing this, you have finished the initial step of choosing the apps to perform a two-way contact sync.
Authorize Your Apps
Now we’re going to authorize the selected apps to start the syncing process, as PieSync requires registered accounts and the permission from both the apps to sync. Since we are syncing Apptivo and Shopify we would require an account with both the apps.
1. Just click on “add a new account” beneath of Apptivo icon.
2. You will see a pop-up asking for API & Access keys from your Apptivo account (you can get it from (Apptivo -> Business Settings).
3. Fill up the API & Access key that you got from the Apptivo Business settings in the pop-up and click on Next button as shown in the below image.
4. By doing this, your Apptivo account will be authorized successfully.
5. Now, you have to authorize “Shopify” account.
6. For that, you need to provide your “Shopify Subdomain” in the pop-up and click on Next button.
7. By doing this, your Shopify account will be authorized successfully.
Configure Your Sync
Once both the accounts are authorized we can go ahead and initialize the sync process between them. PieSync allows you to choose the sync process as it can be done in three ways. Such as
PieSync allows the sync process to be done in three ways that are:
- Sync Apptivo and Shopify in both ways
- Sync only from Apptivo to Shopify
- Sync only from Shopify to Apptivo
Now we are going to conduct a two-way sync between Apptivo and Office 365 choose the appropriate option from the drop-down list.
If & Then Rule
You can sync the contacts based on any conditions as per your business requirements. Through that, you can add or update the rule whenever needed. On providing certain criteria, Piesync checks for those criteria to be satisfied to proceed with contact sync.
If a contact is in Apptivo, then sync the contact to Shopify.
Similarly, If a contact is in Shopify then sync the contact to Apptivo.
Note: It is a global sync(No filters added) as we like to sync all the contacts from Apptivo to Shopify and vice versa.
If you would like to add many rules, just click on the “(+) Add another rule..” option.
- Avoid Duplicates - This will be enabled by default.
- When a conflicting change is detected - If conflicting change is detected, you can decide on who will win it by selecting the app like.
a. Apptivo Wins
b. Shopify Wins
All the default fields in Apptivo and Office 365 accounts will get mapped automatically. There is no option to remove any of the default fields.
Note: You were able to add your required fields by clicking on”Add Field Mapping” as a custom field by clicking on “(+) icon - Add field Mapping”.
1. Now you can initialize your sync process by clicking on “Start Syncing Now”.
2. A pop up appears, where clicked on “Start Syncing” to initialize sync. Here you need to click on “Start Syncing”.
3. If Both apps are inactive(Logged In) then your sync process will not exceed 3 to 4 minutes.
Managing Your Sync
Tracking the history of each sync
Once your contacts start to sync, you can track every contact which is synced in real time. It helps you to track new & updated contacts from both cloud apps that you have initialized the sync process. It has analytic type graph that will show you what's the exact date & day and how many sync operations are done so far.
1. You can track new and updated contacts synced from Apptivo and Shopify as like a view of analytics.
2. You can also monitor your connection in real-time. If needed, the sync process can also be paused based on the necessity.
View Synced Contacts
1. Go to your Shopify account.
2. Under your customers, you can view the contacts that were synced from Apptivo (for instance: Andrea Berg).
3. As like, You can view the contacts in your Apptivo Account by signing into Apptivo.
4. Under the Contacts app, you can find the contact that is synced from Shopify.
Please explain why you are flagging this content (spam, duplicate question, inappropriate language, etc):