Browse by Solutions
Browse by Solutions
Updated on June 22, 2021 06:03AM by Admin
An electronic signature or eSignature refers to data that is recorded in electronic form and is used by a signatory to sign. It is intended to provide a secure and accurate identification method for the signatory to provide a seamless transaction. Apptivo is integrated with our partner Sign.co for eSignature. We can get eSign from Customer/Contact based on the configuration.
First, you have to enable eSignature. Now, let us walk through the steps to eSign your Contracts.
eSignature in Contracts App
Setting up of eSign in Contracts App
- Navigate to the Contracts App.
- Click on More Options(...) → Settings→Contract Integration→Print/Web Layouts. You can either open or create a PDF Template.
- Drag & Drop the eSign attribute from the Palette tab.
Whom do you want to send eSign?
- In the Configured PDF Template, click on the eSign attribute.
- The Inspector tab will be highlighted.
- Here, click the “Who” drop-down that will have options “Customer and Contact”.
- Then, select the value as Customer or Contact.
- This configuration goes with the respective PDF Template only.
Note: Make sure to enable the Contract Template toggle.
Go to More Options(...) → Settings→ Customize App→ Master Layout → Hierarchical View → Contract Template.
Sending eSign request via Contracts
- Go to Contracts App and create a Contract with the configured PDF Template.
- In the View page, the “Send eSign” button will be enabled.
- Click the Send eSign button, It automatically pre-populate the Customer/Contact email address based on PDF Configuration in Send eSign Popup.
- You could manually enter the email address in the Send eSign Popup when the email address is not present in the Customer/Contact record.
Note: Send eSign button will be disabled when the Contract record is found without the configured PDF Template.
Receiving the eSign request email
Once you have sent the eSign document, Customer / Contact will receive the eSign request email.
How to eSign the document against received eSign request email?
- Click the Review & Sign button in the received emails.
- It will redirect to our Partners App → Sign.co.
- In Sign.co, you can see the Contract document.
- Click the Signature and it will show Create Signature Popup.
eSign History for Individual Contract
- Go to More Options(...)--> Settings→ Contracts → eSignature.
- You can set the eSignature History based on your selection.
- Then in the Contract, click on the eSign History tab near Overview.
- Here, you can see the details of the eSignature status.