Browse by Solutions
Browse by Solutions
Updated on March 18, 2020 03:11AM by Admin
Apptivo’s Suppliers App is a brilliant tool introduced solely to manage the database on Suppliers. Suppliers form the base for the smooth running of a business. They ensure the availability of products. However, the information related to Suppliers tends to change with Apptivo. Instead of checking the data manually, Apptivo makes use of the Time Based trigger functionality to achieve this.
Consider sending an email as a trigger when an event occurs in the Suppliers App.
- Go to Settings → Suppliers → Triggers → Time Based Triggers. In the Time Based trigger page, select Create to create a new trigger.
- In the Create Trigger page, add a name for the trigger. Then, configure the Execution Frequency. You can set it as One Time or Recurring.
For Instance: Consider creating a one-time trigger in Suppliers App.
- In the Run On section, you can set the date and time when the trigger has to be sent.
- Once the basic configuration is complete, add criteria for the trigger in the Criteria section.
- Here, the condition is set to perform an action when the Supplier Name is Mike.
- You can also add more than one condition by making use of the Add Condition feature.
- Now, you can decide on the Action that has to be performed when the condition match.
- Here, let us consider sending an email when the criteria match.
- On selecting Send Email, you can perform an action to send an email when the criteria match in records.
- Consider selecting Send Email as an action. You will be redirected to Create Trigger Action side panel.
- In this panel, you can configure the From Address, To Address, and Email template of the email.
Static: Here, you can add an email address manually.
Dynamic: You can make use of Dynamic configuration when the Email address will change. You can set the email address to be an attribute, Employee, or Team.
- Once the email address is configured, set the CC Address and Email template.
Trigger To: In the Trigger To section, you can customize the recipient. You can set the recipient to be an attribute, employee, or team. Here, the recipient is set as Created By attribute.
- Select Create to complete the process.
- In the Suppliers App, create a new Supplier with the name Mike.
- Here, you can see the “Created By” employee is Caroline Forbes. According to the configuration, the “Created By” Employee will receive an email at 11:00 AM.