Browse by Solutions
Browse by Solutions
Updated on April 18, 2020 04:53AM by Admin
Invoices are mainly used to record sales. Invoices also help in maintaining a book of the amount received and outstanding debt. Apptivo has created Triggers with the purpose of automating your work. Associated Reference App Attribute indicates an attribute present in another App of Apptivo. You can get it updated automatically with the assistance of Trigger.
Tristan is an Employee of Ary Technologies. Their Team uses Apptivo to manage their everyday tasks. As soon as a payment is recorded, they want them to mark an Opportunity as Closed Won. However, it is tedious for Tristan to update all the information in both the Apps. So, he uses Triggers to get the information updated automatically.
Steps to Update Associated Reference App Attribute
Step 1: Adding Reference App in Master Layout
- Go to Settings → Customize App → Master Layout in the Invoices App.
- Drag and drop the Ref App and Ref App Field attribute from the Palette to the Master Layout.
- Click on the Ref App in the Master Layout to rename the attribute in the Inspector tab.
- On scrolling down, you can choose the App to be associated using the Associated Object Details section. Here, Opportunities App.
- Click on the Reference App Field in the Master Layout to view the Inspector tab. Here, you can rename the attribute.
- To associate the Ref App to this field, scroll down to Reference Field Details in the Inspector tab.
- Here, set the Reference Object as Opportunities App (Name of the Ref App added) and choose a Reference Field of the Reference App. This will display the attributes available in the Ref App as a dropdown. Here, the Sales Stage is selected.
- Once the changes are made, save the changes.
Step 2: Configuring Trigger
Invoices App of Apptivo permits you to configure two types of Triggers.
- Event Based Triggers - Here, an action occurs when an event is created, updated, or deleted.
- Time Based Triggers - Here, an action occurs when the criteria match at the selected time.
- Consider creating an Event Based Trigger where the action is to update the associated Reference App attribute in the Opportunities App.
- Go to Settings → Invoices→ Triggers → Event Based Trigger. Select Create to create a new trigger page.
- In the Create Trigger page, add a name for the trigger. In addition to this, you can also set the event during which the action has to occur. Here, Invoices Updated.
- To have the trigger in operation, keep the enabled toggle ON.
- In the Criteria section, determine the condition during which the trigger has to occur.
- Here, the condition is to generate a trigger when the Status is Paid.
- You can make use of the Actions to set the type of trigger. Since an attribute is to be updated in the Associated App, the action chosen is Update Associated Reference App Attributes.
- In the Create Trigger Action, choose the Associated Object. Every record in the Invoices App has associated Ref App fields. Here, the Opportunities App is chosen.
- Once the Associated object is chosen, select the condition during which the value has to be updated in the Associated Object. Here, the condition is to update the attribute when the Type is New Business.
- In the Set Associated Reference values section, you can set the action. The action is to set the Sales Stage as Closed Won in the Ref App when the criteria match.
- Select Create once the configuration is complete. A new trigger is created.
Step 3: Generating Trigger
- Consider the payment is recorded for an Invoice. It has an Opportunity added as a Reference value.
- When the Invoice is updated, the Type is checked in the Opportunities App. it is New Business. It matches the trigger condition. So, the status is changed to Closed Won.