Browse by Solutions
Browse by Solutions
How to configure the file name prefix in the Invoice App?
Updated on October 6, 2020 05:43AM by Admin
While printing your documents in PDF, you might want your documents to be downloaded in a particular file name format. This can be configured effortlessly from the Print/Web Layouts of your application.
Steps to configure the file name prefix
- In the Invoice App of Apptivo, select Settings from the App Header.
- Go to Customize App → Print/Web Layouts from the left navigation panel of the Settings page.
- In the Print/Web Layouts, there is a field to configure the File Name Prefix in the File Name section.
- This field does not decide the name of your file when you print the invoices in PDF. Rather, this field is a default value (editable) that applies while creating a new template in the Print/Web Layouts page.
- Here, the file name prefix is invoice_. Now, create a new PDF template. In the Create Template page, you can see the File Name Prefix is the same as the one configured on the home page of Print/Web Layouts.
- Consider the File Name Prefix value is changed in the Print/Web Layouts home page.
- When a template is created after this change, the new value will appear in the File Name Prefix field of the newly created template.
- It is not necessary to have the same File Name Prefix in the Print/Web Layouts home page and template page. When a new template is created, you can change the value in its File Name Prefix field.
- The value configured in the template will appear as the name of the PDF file.
- Consider the File Name Prefix is invoice_ in the Print/Web Layouts home page. The File Name Prefix is Impinvoice_ in a template named, Seasonal Invoice.
- Now, go to the overview page of an invoice. Select the template whose file name prefix is edited and click the Print PDF button.
- You can see the file name is as per the configuration carried out in the invoice template and not in the Print/Web Layouts home page.
Please explain why you are flagging this content (spam, duplicate question, inappropriate language, etc):