Browse by Solutions
Browse by Solutions
Updated on May 12, 2021 08:01AM by Admin
Apptivo apps allow users to validate your records while creating a new record. You can set the duplication rule for how to validate the records with Actual or fuzzy logic. In addition, you can also set the duplication rule to validate across the other apps.
Steps to Create
- Login and access the Opportunities app from the universal navigation panel.
- Click on the More(...) details and select the Settings.
- On the Settings page, click on "General → Duplication Rules" from the left navigation panel.
- Enable the toggle to define the criteria.
- Set the option either to Prevent Duplication automatically or Warn and Flag Duplication for review.
- Click on the Create button and enter the following details:
- Rule Name: Name of the criterion.
- You can view the Validate Other apps Toggle, enable the Toggle to validate the opportunities record with other records across other apps.
- By enabling the toggle, the App drop-down will be visible to select apps.
- In the app drop-down, you can view the list of CRM apps.
- Select the apps from the list as per your preferences.
- Then, set the matching rules inline-level.
- Attributes - Select the attribute, here "Name" is selected.
- Fuzzy Logic - The Name field may have a Partial value.
- Exact Logic - The Name must match with an exact value.
- In the “Map Other apps” column, click on the Map Attributes button.
- The side panel will come to view with the select apps and select attribute dropdown.
- Map the attributes of the other apps under the select attribute dropdown.
- Click on the update button.
- Click on the "Create" button.
- Here, we have set the criteria as if the Name field has the same value as the existing record, it will flag for duplication review.
- If the Cases, Contacts, Customer, and Leads are already created with the Email Id.
- If you tried to create a new opportunity record with the same name, you will get a warning flag with the duplicate record details.
- At the time of creation, you will view the warning message with existing records if present in other apps as per the created duplication rule.
Note: This Duplication Rule will be applicable while importing the records through excel.