Browse by Solutions
Browse by Solutions
How to send a document for eSigning from Apptivo’s Cases Extended application in sequential order?
Updated on April 23, 2021 09:07PM by Admin
Apptivo has integrated with Sign.co for eSignature capabilities in the custom-created Cases Extended apps. You can send your documents for eSigning from your Cases Extended application. In addition, it allows you to add the sequential orders for the signers to arrange them on a priority basis.
First, you have to enable eSignature. Click here to know how to enable the eSign in Apptivo.
Setting up of eSign in Cases Extended app
- Log in and access a Cases Extended app.
- Click on More Options(...) → Settings→Customize App→Print/Web Layouts.
- Open existing or create a new PDF Template.
- Drag & drop the eSign attribute from the Palette tab.
Selecting signer to send eSign
- In the Configured PDF Template, click on the eSign attribute.
- The Inspector tab will get highlighted.
- Here, click the “Who” drop-down and choose the value either as Assigned To, Created By, Modified By, Customer or Contact.
- This configuration works with the respective PDF Template only.
- Likewise, add another signer if you want to add multiple signers to your document.
- Here, the “Created By” is selected as one of the signers. With that, the “Created by” will become the owner of the document.
Sending eSign request via Cases Extended app
- Go to the Cases Extended app and create a case with the configured PDF Template.
- In the case overview page, the “Send eSign” button will be enabled.
- Click the Send eSign button, It will automatically pre-populate the Customer/Created by email address based on PDF Configuration in Send eSign popup.
- You can manually enter the email address in the Send eSign popup if the email address is not present in the Customer/Contact record.
- If more than one signature is added to the template and needs a signature, the emails will be sent to the recipients whose signature is required.
- You can make use of the Sequential Order option. Enabling this toggle will let you send the email in sequential order based on the recipients listed in the Send eSign popup.
- Rearrange the customer and created by based on the sequential order of signing. For example, if you want the customer to sign the document before the Created by, drag and drop the customer before the created by.
Note - Send eSign button will be disabled if the record is found without the configured PDF Template.
Receiving the eSign request email
- Once you send the document for eSign, the Customer will receive the eSign request email first to sign the document.
- Click the Review & Sign button in the received email, and you will be redirected to Sign.co page.
Steps to eSign the document against received eSign request email
- In Sign.co, you can view the case document.
- Click the Signature, and it will display Create Signature Popup.
- Either Draw or Type your signature and once completed click “Sign”.
- The Signature will be displayed in the Document. Then, click “Finish” to submit the signed document.
- Once the document is signed by the customer, the created by will receive the email to sign the document.
- Similarly, the document needs to be signed by the created by.
- Once the document is signed by all signers, then all signers and owner will receive an email notification on completion of online signing.
eSign History for Individual Cases
- In the Cases Extended app, go to More(...) Options → Settings→ Cases Extended app → eSignature.
- You could set the eSignature History based on your requirements.
- Then in the Cases Extended app, click on the eSign History tab.
- Here, you could see the details of the eSignature history.
Please explain why you are flagging this content (spam, duplicate question, inappropriate language, etc):