The Advanced Search feature in Apptivo allows you to perform a field-based search wherein the search will be carried out specifically in the selected fields. Apptivo has the provision to set up a default value for a field while performing advanced search operations.
Let’s go through the steps to set up and display a default value for a field during an advanced search in the Customers app of Apptivo.
To display a particular value for a field during the advanced search, you have to configure the value through the Master Layout.
Steps to set up the default value for a field
- Log into your Apptivo account and navigate to the Customers app. Here, select More → Settings from the App Header.
- Now, go to Customize App → Master Layout from the left navigation panel. Here, select the field in which you want to set up the default value. Here, we have selected the Status field.
- Click on the Status field to view the corresponding Inspector tab. Here, scroll down to the Search section and enable the toggle for Default Value.
- Once the toggle is enabled, set the default value and save the changes.
- Now, select the Advanced Search option from the App Header.
- The Advanced Search side panel comes into view. Here, the value selected as the default value will be selected/displayed by default in the Status field. You can now move forward with the desired search operation and complete the search.