The set or the collection of data is called a dataset. In other words, the dataset is the ordered collection of data. The Customers app of Apptivo provides you the ability to create data sets and assign them to your employees or teams as per your business requirements. By using this feature you can group your customers depending on their Status, Category, etc., and give access to your employees for the data sets that are assigned to them.
Configuring Data Sets is a Two-step process
- Assign Data Set to employees
Steps to create a Data Set:
- Log in and access the Customers app from the universal navigation menu bar.
- Click on the More (...) icon and select Settings.
- On the Settings page, go to Security → Data Sets and click on the Create button.
- The Create Data Set page will be displayed, Here enter:
- Name - Name of the data set.
- Description - Description of the data set.
- Enabled - Slide the toggle ON to enable the data set.
- The Criteria is the space where you can define the condition. Here, the criteria are set as “Sales Rep = Sarah Castro”. This specifies that all the Customers whose sales rep is Sarah Castro will be grouped as a set.
- Similarly, you can create multiple data sets.
Steps to Assign Data Sets to Employees:
- Select Data Access Sets which is under the drop-down menu of Security.
- Click on the Add button displayed on the right panel of the Data Access Sets page.
- Click on the Search icon in the Employee Name column.
- From the popup, select the required employee and click on the Select button.
- Now click on the drop-down of Data Access which provides the lists of Data Sets that you have created. Select the Data Set.
- Click on the Tick icon to save.
- Now the data set is assigned to the employee that you’ve chosen for your business needs. Therefore, data access is provided for the specific employee.