Data Sets in Apptivo give you the ability to provide access privilege of object records to a specific group of people. Depending on the assigned data sets the records will be available for the employees or users of your firm.
Configuring Data Sets is a Two-step process:
- Assign Data Set to employees
Steps to create a data set:
- Log in and access the Items app from the universal navigation menu bar.
- Click on the More(...) icon and select Settings.
- On the settings page, go to Security → Data Sets and click on the Create button.
- The Create Data Set page will be displayed, Here enter:
- Name - Name of the data set.
- Description - Description of the data set.
- Enabled - Slide the toggle ON to enable the data set.
- The Criteria is the space where you can define the condition. Here, the criteria is set as when the item's product manager is Larry Warran. Those Items will be grouped as a set.
- Similarly, you can create multiple data sets.
Steps to Assign Data Sets to Employees:
- Select Data Access Sets which is under the drop-down menu of Security.
- Click on the Add button displayed on the right panel of the Data Access Sets page.
- Click on the Search icon in the Employee Name column.
- From the popup, select the required employee and click on the Select one button.
- Now click on the drop-down of Data Access which provides the lists of Data Sets that you have created. Select the Data Set.
- Click on the Tick icon to save.
- Now the data set is assigned to the employee that you’ve chosen for your business needs. Therefore, data access is provided for the specific employee. You can edit or delete the data access by using the Edit and Delete icons.