The WorkOrders App of Apptivo allows you to automatically generate an action whenever a certain condition matches the work order record. You can configure it to generate an action when a work order is created or edited. Similarly, you can also customize to generate action at a particular time. This action is achieved with the help of the Triggers feature available in the WorkOrders App.
Note: This feature is available in the Premium, Ultimate, and Enterprise plans of Apptivo. There are two types of triggers available in the WorkOrders App.
- Event Based - An action is generated when a record is created or updated depending on the criteria configured.
- Time Based - An action is generated at a particular time. This can be one-time or recurring.
Types of Actions
- In both types, the actions that are produced are the same. The different types of actions offered by the WorkOrders App are listed below.
- Send Email - An email is sent automatically when the condition matches a record.
- Update Attribute - When the condition matches, the selected attribute is updated.
- Update Associated Reference App Attributes - The value in the associated app is updated automatically.
- Task - A task is created automatically.
- Event - An event is created automatically.
- Note - A note is added automatically.
- There is also a provision to create a task, event, or note depending on the Mapping.
Note: You can add more than one action at a time for a trigger.
Let’s walk through the steps to create an event-based trigger where the action is to create a note.
Steps to setup triggers
- Log in and access the WorkOrders app from the universal navigation menu bar.
- Click on the More(...) icon and select Settings.
- On the settings page, go to WorkOrders → Triggers → Event Based Triggers. On the Event-Based trigger page, select Create to create a new trigger.
- On the Create Trigger page, add a Name for the trigger. In addition to this, you can also set the event during which the action has to occur. It can be when a work order is created or updated. Here, is the work order Created.
- To have the trigger in operation, keep the Enabled toggle ON.
- In the Criteria section, determine the condition during which the trigger has to occur. Here, the condition is to generate an action when the status is “Completed”.
- You can make use of the “Actions” to set the type of trigger. Click on the Add button. The action chosen is to Send Email.
- In the Create External Email popup, enter the details From Address, Email Template, CC Address, and Trigger to.
- Once the configuration is complete, select Create. A trigger is configured.
- Once the action is configured, click on the Create button.
- When the work order is created, As the condition matches in the record, a new mail will be sent automatically.