You have leads coming in from a wide variety of sources. Some leads come from lists you acquired, others from a webform on your website and still more from the ‘Email to Lead’. CRM Management module helps you organize leads and assign them to a sales rep so they can be followed up on and qualified quickly.
Lead can be created in four different ways:
- Entering data in leads creation page
- Collecting leads through emails
- Collecting leads through webform
- Collecting leads through the API
Enter data in lead creation page
- Log in and access Leads App from your universal navigation menu bar.
- Click on “Create Lead” button from the left navigation panel.
- Fill in the following information:
- First Name – First name of the Lead.
- Last Name – Last name of the Lead.
- Job Title – Name of the job.
- Best way to contact – Choose option for contact.
- Lead status – Select lead status from a predefined list.
- Lead source – Select lead source from a predefined list.
- Referred by – Select name of the referrer.
- Assigned to – Select an employee/team.
- Description – Description about the lead.
- Tags – Select existing tag/ Add new tags.
- Phone – Phone number of the lead.
- Fax – Fax number of the lead.
- Skype – Skype id of the lead. Additional Information
- Potential Amount – Enter amount in USD.
- Estimated closed date – Choose closed date from calendar picker.
- Rank – Select rank from a predefined list
- Campaign – Select campaign from a predefined list/Add new.
- Territory – Select a territory from a predefined list.
- Market – Select one/Add new. Segment – Select from predefined list.
Prospect/Customer Company Information
- Category – Category of the lead.
- Customer – Name of the customer.
- Company – Name of the company.
- #Of employees – Number of employees.
- Annual revenue – Annual revenue of your company.
- Industry – Select name of the industry.
- Ownership – Name of the ownership.
- Website – Name of the website.
- Address Type – Select address type from a predefined list. Enter other address information like city, state etc.
- Click on “Add More Address” to add more addresses.
- Social Information
- Facebook – Facebook url.
- Twitter – Twitter url.
- LinkedIn – LinkedIn url.
- Click on “Create” button to complete.
- You can view the created lead as shown in the image below:
Collect leads through emails
You can automatically create leads when a customer emails you for support. You can use email ids or aliases to receive emails from your customers.
In order to receive emails in Leads App, you need to authenticate your email address in IMAP settings.
- Receiving Email Account – Your Email address for authentication.
- Password – Enter the password of your email address.
- IMAP Host Name – Host name of your email address for example: if you have Gmail account then host name is “imap.gmail.com”.
- “Addressed To” Email Account – Either you can choose same account or can redirect to email list.
- Port – port number of the domain for example: port number for Gmail is 993.
- Assigned To – Select an Employee to whom it should be assigned automatically.
Creating leads from emails
Once you’ve authenticated your email address, all your receiving emails will be collected as leads in leads App.
Collect Leads from webform
You can use Google Forms to create customized forms that can be used to collect data, such as contact information from interested prospects visiting your website. Once the user views your form and submits with their data, it is stored inside of a spreadsheet in Google Drive.
Leads App allows you to configure a Google Form to create a sales lead in the Leads App. When creating your Google Form, you will enter a special script we provide, which will connect this form to your account. You will need to have a plan, including API access, as this feature will use your unique API key and password inside of the special script.
Collecting leads through API
Integrate API key to your website for collecting cases from API https://www.apptivo.com/developer-api-guide/api-reference/