We hope everyone had a great weekend! This past Saturday (August 24th) we performed another update to Apptivo, which includes the new V5 Cases App. Now you can experience all of the great new features of the Customers App, present when managing your support cases. The Cases App is the second app from CRM to be converted, and you can expect Contacts, Leads, and Opportunities as the next applications to be converted.
If you want a complete breakdown of the new features available in Version 5.0, take a look at this blog post.
New features in this update
- Cases App Version 5.0
- New SLA (Service Level Agreement) feature
- Replies to “Email to Case” auto-response now update existing case
- Sales tax support for Invoices App IIF export
- Added advanced search onto Tasks Tab for opportunities (and other apps)
What is the SLA feature?
SLA’s are a new feature which allow you to assure that your customer support team works to resolve cases on time. Here is a quick overview of how it works:
- Create an SLA. Set limits for response, update, and resolution times for cases.
- Select an SLA for each customer (some customers may have a more strict SLA).
- Create a support case for a customer.
- If a support case isn’t updated by the SLA time, it is escalated.
- Escalation can involve notifying managers via email, and re-assigning the case.
To set up your SLA’s head into the settings area of either the Customers App, or the Cases App. This feature is currently in BETA, so please let us know what you think!
What’s coming in the next release?
In the next Apptivo release on September 7th, we’ll be focusing on updating the Contacts App to Version 5.0. We’ll include several other minor enhancements & fixes to the older apps as well. You can also count on some updates to Cases & Customers V5, based on the feedback from customers just like you. So, if you have any suggestions for us, please let us know.
Have a great and productive day!