If you do not wish all employees to have access to every contact, you will need secure contact sharing. Secure sharing works by assigning contacts to employees or teams, and restricting access so only these assignees can share the contacts.
When this mode is enabled, access is still provided to administrators and managers. Anyone who is a manger of an assigned employee will receive access to that contact as well, in addition to that manager’s manager, continuing on up the hierarchy of managers. Also, any employee with a Super User role gets access to all contacts.
Enable Data-Level Access for Contacts
- First, we need access the Contacts App in Apptivo.
- Click on the blue “Configure” button.
- Change the dropdown to “Employee” and click “Save”.
Assigning a Contact to an Employee or Team
- From the Contacts App, view & edit a contact.
- Now click the “Search” button for the “Assigned To” field.
- Here, we can select either “Team”, or “Employee” and search.
- After selecting a result, simply save, and access is instantly updated.
Secure contact sharing is now set up and your installation is completed.
Back to the main contact sharing guide.