This post was updated on March 31st to add a video overview (found below).
It’s finally here! The Homepage V5 update was completed and made available to all Apptivo users this weekend. This is a sweeping set of improvements that enhance the website navigation, your main activity dashboards, as well as the collaboration features available in every application.
Homepage V5 includes a few key new features coupled with a long list of minor improvements. Our focus in this update was to make it simple to stay on top of your activities. by providing a central agenda along with new desktop alerts, it’s easier than ever to keep track of every task you need to work on.
We’ve also put in a lot of work on adding more searching capabilities, and to reduce the execution time for activities you commonly perform.
Video walk-through of Homepage V5!
UPDATE: Click here to see a video walkthrough of Homepage V5
We’ll outline the changes below, but you can also register for our webinar today at 11:00 AM PT. We’ll spend some time and step through each of the changes, and how you can take advantage of the new features. If you can’t make the webinar, we’ll update this post with a link to the video shortly after.
Major new features included
The homepage changes were numerous and cover the entire system, but there are a few key features which have a significant impact:
- My Agenda – One page combines every calendar event, task, and follow up in the system. You can break down your agenda by day, week, or month, as well as filtering your tasks to find overdue or upcoming items. Figuring out what to work on next has never been easier.
- Popup alerts – Always stay on top of your reminders. We’ve introduced a new desktop alert system that can warn you before a meeting starts, or a task is due.
- Dashboard Customization – Re-arrange the order of dashboards like news feed and tasks, or remove one completely. You can even configure the default views, such as a weekly or monthly calendar view.
- Improved app navigation – Sleeker look along with the ability to add a link for an entire category or an individual application.
Other things that have changed
We’ve also included many other more minor changes, but combined they offer an excellent upgrade. These improvements not only impact the main dashboards when you first log in, they are also present in every V5 app.
- Refreshed look & feel for the collaboration tabs in every app
- Side-panels, in-place editing, and other UX improvements
- More compact interface, see more data in less space
- New filters, views, and bulk actions
- Display columns added to homepage dashboards
- Streamlined email interfaces
- Updated business administration tools
Upcoming in the next releases
We’ll be performing an update again this weekend with some minor adjustments based on feedback received so far. And in the coming releases we’ll continue to update homepage with several more enhancements like global searching & custom views to save lists of tasks, events, etc.
We’re also still hard at work in the final phases of Projects V5, which will be made available to the public within the next 2 weeks (watch a preview webinar). For mobile users, you can expect an updated CRM app for Android coming within the next couple weeks, with the iPhone version to follow shortly after.
After Projects V5, the next apps we’ll be upgrading are Estimates, Invoices, and Work Orders. Many great features are planned for these apps, and we’d love to hear your requests. If you are currently using these apps and have some suggestions, now is the perfect time to get involved. Please feel free to chat with one of our support agents, or let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.