With the Apptivo Add-on for Gmail, you can view and create Contact, Customer, Lead, Supplier, Case, and Opportunity. You can also Associate emails to Apptivo. Each time you open an email, your Gmail add-on will appear on the right. After installing the add-on, click the Apptivo icon to view Apptivo records and options. Google is improving the way Gmail works with apps, so we strongly recommend using the Add-on instead of the Sidebar or the Gadget.
Install the Apptivo Add-on for Gmail
Your company’s G Suite administrators can place restrictions on add-on installations or install add-ons for everyone on your domain. If you receive a message preventing installation, please contact your G Suite administrator.
Steps to install the Apptivo Add-on for Gmail on an individual account
- Click your Gmail settings/gear icon and select Get Add-ons.
- In the G Suite Marketplace, search and select Apptivo.
- Click Install.
- Grant the necessary permissions.
The Apptivo Add-on for Gmail will now appear in your add-ons sidebar.
Sign in to the Apptivo Add-on for Gmail
The first time you open the Apptivo Add-on for Gmail, you will need to sign in to your Apptivo account.
Steps to sign in from the Apptivo Add-on
- Click the Apptivo icon to the right of your inbox and Click Sign In.
- If you don’t have an Apptivo account, click Sign up a new account.
- Enter your credentials and click Log in.
- You will now be able to view Apptivo records from any email in your inbox.
View and find records in the Apptivo Add-on for Gmail
Viewing records related to an email is automatic in the Apptivo Add-on. When you open an email, information of records matching your Apptivo records will be displayed. To open a new tab and view the full record in Apptivo, click “View in Apptivo” to open in Web.
Creating and saving an Email as a record from the Apptivo Add-on for Gmail
The Apptivo Add-on for Gmail will automatically display the contact information of the email you’re viewing. When a person doesn’t have a matching Apptivo record, you can choose to add them as a Contact, Customer, Lead, Supplier, Case, and Opportunity.
For instance: Let us consider creating a contact in the Apptivo Add-on for Gmail
Steps to add the records from the add-on
- Click on the Apptivo Add-on icon (on the right side of the Gmail screen).
- Open an email message.
- If the information is not available in Apptivo, then you can Create a New Entity form by clicking “Create Contact.” Here, enter the person’s basic details in Add-on to create as a record in Apptivo.
- Once you’ve completed filling the information, click “Create” to add the record to Apptivo.
- The created Contact will be reflected in the Apptivo “Contacts” App.
Associate Emails with Apptivo Add-on for Gmail
You can Associate Emails from your inbox or sent folder straight to Apptivo with the Add-on for Gmail. There are multiple ways to do this. You do not need to have a G Suite account connected to Apptivo to use the Add-on. It will function with any Gmail account.
Steps to associate Email
- Open an email message.
- Click on the Insightly Add-on icon (on the right side of the Gmail screen).
- Click “Associate Email” in the add-on.
- You can either associate the Email with the existing Case or Opportunity. Also, you can create a new Case or Opportunity and associate the Email.
- Click on “Save” button.
- You will see a message confirming the email has been saved.