Cases App supports you to track all the information from customer complaints or requests about a product or service. Cases can be created in three different ways:
- Entering data in case creation page: You can enter the case details manually.
- Capturing cases through emails: You can authenticate your email address in Cases App settings to collect case details through customer emails. These details are captured directly in the Cases App.
- Collecting cases through API: You can integrate API key to your website for collecting cases from API https://www.apptivo.com/developer-api-guide/api-reference/
Entering data in case creation page
- Create case by clicking on “Create Case” button in the left navigation panel.
- Provide the following information:
- Case# – This is an auto generated or manually entered number to identify cases.
- Type – Select a type from a predefined list.
- Status – Select a status from a predefined list.
- Priority – Select a priority from a predefined list.
- Assigned To – Name of an employee. Search and select an existing employee.
- Summary – Summary about the case logged.
- Description – A short description about case.
- Item – search and select item which is related to a problem.
- Project – search and select projects from the existing list.
- Need by Date – Date of case logged.
- Date resolved – Resolved date of a case.
- Customer – Name of the customer. It may be an existing customer or newly created.
- Contact – Name of the contact. It may be an existing contact or newly created.
- Click on “Create” button to complete.
Collecting cases through emails
You can automatically create a case when a customer emails you for support. You can use email ids or aliases to receive emails from your customers.
In order to receive emails in Cases App, you need to authenticate your email address in IMAP settings.
- Receiving Email Account – Your Email address for authentication.
- Password – Enter the password of your email address.
- IMAP Host Name – Host name of your email address for example: if you have Gmail account then host name is “imap.gmail.com”.
- “Addressed To” Email Account – Either you can choose same account or can redirect to email list.
- Port – port number of the domain for example: port number for Gmail is 993.
- Assigned To – Select an Employee to whom it should be assigned automatically.
Creating cases from emails
Once you’ve authenticated your email address, all your receiving emails will be collected as cases in Cases App.
Collecting cases through API
Integrate API key to your website for collecting cases from API https://www.apptivo.com/developer-api-guide/api-reference/